The ACYMC is Australia’s premier youth ministry training, formation, and networking experience. The ACYMC gathers those engaged in ministry with young people in the Catholic Church, from a variety of contexts and ministries, to form and inform them for ministry. The Convention gathers those working with young people in schools, parishes, dioceses, movements, religious orders, communities, and organisations.
The Australian Catholic Youth Ministry Convention exists to:
- develop and nurture a national understanding and identity of Catholic youth ministry;
- provide high-quality formation and training for those engaged in youth ministry across Australia;
- provide an opportunity for youth ministers to network within and beyond their immediate fields of ministry;
- provide a space for youth ministers to seek spiritual reflection and nourishment.
The ACYMC invites all those who are engaged in ministry with young people in a catholic setting. The ACYMC seeks to engage:
- Youth Ministry Coordinators from Catholic dioceses, parishes, movements, communities, organisations and religious orders;
- Staff focused on evangelising and nurturing Catholic faith and identity of students in educational institutions;
- Bishops, Priests and Religious who encounter and nurture the faith life of young people;
- Key youth and young adult leaders. http://youth.catholic.org.au/team/australian-catholic-youth-council