Sandhurst Prayer Resources during the Coronavirus Pandemic
During this time of social isolation it is important that we pray and stay connected to our community. A range of online resources are available to assist with this. These include daily prayers and readings, prayer services, the Sunday Office, commentaries, homilies and reflections as well as Gospel based activities and resources to support personal and family prayer. LITURGY HELP: Go to: liturgyhelp.com/aus/sand/pray and follow the prompts to access. Let us create prayerful solidarity with our community and the whole Body of Christ. Liturgy Help (www.facebook.com/LiturgyHelp).
Here are some more resources to help you and your family.
MASS FOR YOU AT HOME
• Mass Streamed from St Kilian’s Parish Bendigo
• Melbourne Catholic
• Our Lady of the Way Parish, Nth Sydney & Lavendar Bay
• Channel 10 - Mass for You At Home
• Daily Mass With Pope Francis
• EWTN Global Catholic Network
• Prayer When Unable to Receive Communion: Act of Spiritual Communion
PRAYING WITH SCRIPTURE READINGS
• The Bible.
• Just 1 Word Catholic Bible App.
• Word on Fire and a helpful article from Bishop Robert Barron.
• Pray As You Go! Scripture, reflection, quiet time, traditional or modern music, resources to assist prayer.
• Sacred Space: 10 minute prayer and reflection.
• Faith Circles: Sunday reading reflections from the Diocese of Wollongong
• Magnificat Community: Daily readings, prayers and hymns for personal or family prayer, now free.
• Give Us This Day: Daily readings, prayers, hymns and reflections, now free.
• Liturgy of the Hours: The Liturgy of the Hours, prayed at certain times throughout the day, is the liturgical prayer of the Church. Online, through the iBreviary App, Universalis App, app, or join St. Joseph Church in Conway (Ireland).
• Mass Readings and Prayers, Liturgy of the Hours (‘Divine Office’).
PRAYERS IN A TIME OF PANDEMIC
• Prayers During Corona Virus Crisis
• Prayers for Community in a Time of Pandemic from the Corrymeela community in Ireland
• Prayer Reflection on Life in time of COVID19: Ignatian Solidarity ‘Examen for Life during COVID19’
• A Faith Response to Corona Virus
• pdf COVID 19 Prayer for Victorians (98 KB)
PRAYER & SPIRITUALITY
• The Taize Community Evening prayer live from Taize in France every day at 8.30pm Central European Time
• Bread4Today Prayer App and Online.
• Apostleship of Prayer: Worldwide prayer for the needs of the world.
• 3-Minute Retreat App or online.
• Daily Prayer: A few moments of quiet prayer.
• Ignatian Spirituality including ‘Ignatian Wisdom for Troubled Times.
• Australian Christian Meditation Community for Christian Meditation.
• Online Retreats and Prayers from Ignatian Spirituality
• Jamberoo Abbey Facebook: Daily prayers and reflections.
• Melbourne Catholic: Go to ‘News’ for resources. Scriptural Stations of the Cross
• Strong Catholic Family Faith: Tips to help parents talk with children about the coronavirus, a list of fun and educational things to do with kids at home and more.
• Tiny Saints: Free downloads and activities for families who may miss school, Mass and other events.
• Faith@Home Bundle - Pastoral Center (US)
• TextWeek: (Adults & Kids’ Sections) Scripture based resources shared by different churches.
• Sermons 4 Kids: Scripture story reflections, activities such as colouring-in sheets. Shared by different churches.
• Sunday Connection: Gospel resources for children of different ages. Detailed Lesson Plans
• JClub for Kids: Resources for kids and families. Stories, Activities, Media.
• Young Catholic Mums: Melbourne based. Resources for families.
• Catholic Kids: prayers, stories, activities.
• St Mary’s Press: Reflections for young people and children, updated daily.
• The Chosen YouTube Series: Modern retelling of stories about Jesus. Free App stream https://thechosen.tv/app. Also, DVD and Blu-ray.
• Jesus Film Collection: Jesus’ story in a full length movie and clips, including story of Jesus for children. Free App and online.
• Busted Halo 2 Minute Videos: Choose ‘2 Minutes’ videos and scroll down.
OTHER HELPFUL WEBSITES
• Archdiocese of Melbourne